June 12, 2020
Beginning June 15, clients presenting for surgical or dental procedures, or appointments scheduled with a veterinarian, will have the option to accompany the patient into the building provided the following criteria are met:
- Please call (616) 531-7387 when you arrive. From a safe social distance, a nurse will approach your vehicle to complete a brief health risk assessment.
- A sewn cloth facemask or disposable respirator is required to be worn at all times, even when alone in the exam room. No scarf bandanas.
- Only one client per household will be allowed into the building with their pet. An exception will be made in the case of euthanasia.
- Once inside the vestibule, a body temperature will be taken using a non-contact, infrared thermometer.
- Due to the time it takes to properly disinfect each room in between appointments, after a course of treatment has been determined, clients will return to their vehicle while awaiting their pet’s care. A Client Care Representative will contact you by phone to process contactless payment.
A few important notes!
- Access will be limited to a single exam room as the waiting area remains closed.
- Persons with a fever greater than 100F or those exhibiting symptoms will not be allowed entry.
- Any person refusing to wear a facemask will need to remain in their vehicle for curbside service.
- If your pet is here for a qualifying visit and you would prefer not to come inside, please communicate this preference so that we can provide curbside service.
- Curbside service will remain in effect for all boarding, grooming, tech appointments and medication/food pickups.
- To maintain as much social distancing and contact as possible, a friendly wave and hello will do! Although we are excited to see you after these long months, we will be refraining from handshakes. Exam Room Nurses and Doctors are to wear facemasks during the visit.